This state-of-the-art software will keep you connected with
friends and family via instant messaging and voice and video conversations. You
can download, store and playback high-quality digital music as well as create
and enjoy videos on your computer. It also offers a personal entertainment
system for cutting-edge gaming and high-quality DVD videos.
- Fast-User Switching?allows family or friends sharing a single computer to
access their own accounts without having to close each other?s applications or
- New Simplified Visual Design?makes everything easier because of a clean,
simple design that exposes the most commonly used features.
- Windows Media Player for Windows XP?brings all of the most common digital
media activities together in a single, easy-to-use place: play DVDs, organize
music, burn CDs and more.
- Windows Messenger?the easy way to communicate with anyone in real time,
users can choose text, voice, and video with excellent performance.
- Windows Movie Maker?provides the ability to easily capture, edit, organize,
and share home movies by just plugging a digital camera into the PC; or with the
right hardware, an analog camera.
- My Pictures?allows users to perform basic management tasks like adding,
sorting, and deleting picture files.
- Internet Explorer 6? includes many new and enhanced features that simplify
tasks, increase reliability, and help maintain the privacy of personal
information on the Web.
- Remote Assistance?allows users to have a peer or IT Professional who is also
running Windows XP remotely control their PC to demonstrate a process or help
solve a problem.
- System Restore?actively monitors system file changes, so that in the event
of a problem, a user can restore their computer to a previous state without
losing personal data files.
- Network Setup Wizard?makes it easier than ever to set up your own home
network so multiple home PCs can share printers, devices, files, and Internet
Like: N09-00560, N09-00257, N09-00738
After April 8, 2014, Microsoft will no longer provide security updates or
technical support for Windows XP. Due to the lack of security updates,
vulnerabilities could arise. PCs running Windows XP after April 8, 2014, should
not be considered to be protected. It is important that you migrate to a current
supported operating system. A more recent and improved version of Windows can
offer you more security, flexibility and most importantly, Microsoft support.