2003 can help you reach out to customers. With Publisher 2003, it's
easier than ever to design, create, and publish professional marketing and
communication materials in-house.
Create Impressive Marketing Materials for Print, Web, and E-Mail
Publisher 2003 is a comprehensive solution for creating and publishing a wide
variety of publications for desktop printing, commercial printing, e-mail
distribution, or viewing on the Web.
- Create a comprehensive selection of business publications using new Web site
wizards, such as the Easy Web Site Builder, and e-mail wizards, like the e-mail
newsletter. Or, create print publications, including brochures, newsletters,
postcards, CD or DVD labels, and other publications.
- Create personal publications using an expanded collection of templates,
including personal stationery sets and professionally designed greeting cards
- Automatically create a publication that merges pictures and text from a data
source (like Microsoft Excel or Microsoft Access) using Catalog Merge to create
publications ranging from a datasheet to a sophisticated catalog.
- Work more flexibly with commercial printers for higher quality and larger
quantity print jobs, with new support for process-color or
cyan-magenta-yellow-black (CMYK) composite postscript files.
- Make the most of the time you invest in your work by publishing a single
publication in multiple ways: Print it to your desktop printer; take it to a
commercial printer; save it to the Web; and send a single page in an e-mail
message or the entire publication as an attachment.
Professional Design, Done In-House
Publisher 2003 provides all the help you need for professional results. Start
from professionally designed templates that you can customize with color
schemes, font schemes, various layout options, and your own design sense. Or,
start from blank publications and get creative with sophisticated typography and
page layout tools.
- Promote a consistent identity across all your business communication
materials when you select from 10 new Master Design Sets (for a total of 45).
Master Design Sets are collections of commonly used business publication
templates (including newsletters, postcards, flyers, Web sites, e-mail
announcements, and other publications), each with its own design.
- Identify unintended printing and Web site problems and get help fixing them
using the enhanced Design Checker.
- Enjoy increased control over your publication with improved Layout Guides,
Baseline Alignment and Baseline Guides, the Page Sorter, and support for
multiple Master Pages.
- Benefit from increased flexibility during the planning and layout phase. You
can insert empty picture frames as placeholders before you've selected final
imagery for your publication.
Work Smarter and Easier with Familiar Office Tools
Work productively across Microsoft Office System programs. Publisher 2003
looks and works more like other programs in the Microsoft Office System, making
it easier than ever to use the right Office tool for the task, while still
making the most of your knowledge and experience with the Microsoft Office
System. New features include:
- Paragraph-formatting consistency with Microsoft Office Word 2003, including
indents and spacing, and line and paragraph breaks.
- A new Bullets and Numbering dialog box.
- The ability to find and replace text across stories and text boxes.
- Backward compatibility so you can open Publisher 2003 files in
Publisher 2002 and share your files more easily.
Start Easy, Finish Fast
Getting started is easier than ever with the simplified Start screen in
- Use new categories from the New Publication task pane. Choose to start your
design by publication type (for print, e-mail, or the Web), by a specific Design
Set, or from a blank publication.
- Use the Quick Publication Options task pane to customize a publication.
Choose color schemes, font schemes, layout options, and design, and then
customize the publication with your own text and graphics.