Microsoft Visual Studio Standard Edition is an entrypoint professional development tool that maintains the simplicity of the Express line but delivers access to the powerful development tools necessary to construct data-focused client applications, n-tier applications (Connected Systems) using Web services, and rich Web applications.
Visual Studio 2005 Standard Features:
- Combines the productivity enhancements coming to Visual Basic 2005 such as My, IntelliSense, Code Snippets, and Edit and Continue with the power that they require for constructing line of business applications and migrating to a modern development environment.
- Provides Web developers who are building line of business applications with a full-featured development environment for constructing advanced data-driven, dynamic applications, while still keeping a slimmed-down, Web focused IDE.
- Includes advanced Web development features, such as pre-compilation of Web sites, full debugging tools, richer data-access, Section 508 and WCAG accessibility checking, and simplified support for site localization.
- Includes support for extending the development environment with over 300 tools from over 250 Visual Studio Integration Partners (VSIP) program participants.
- Developers can build line of business applications using Visual Basic, C#, C++ and J#.
- Developers can target Windows, Web and Mobile Applications from within a unified development environment.
- Developers can create client/server applications using Web services and integrated design tools for accessing remote data.
- Developers can use SQL Reporting Services to summarize, tabulate and display output.