This state-of-the-art software will keep you connected with friends and family via instant messaging and voice and video conversations. You can download, store and playback high-quality digital music as well as create and enjoy videos on your computer. It also offers a personal entertainment system for cutting-edge gaming and high-quality DVD videos.
- Fast-User Switching allows family or friends sharing a single computer to access their own accounts without having to close each other?s applications or reboot.
- New Simplified Visual Design makes everything easier because of a clean, simple design that exposes the most commonly used features.
- Windows Media Player for Windows XP brings all of the most common digital media activities together in a single, easy-to-use place: play DVDs, organize music, burn CDs and more.
- Windows Messenger the easy way to communicate with anyone in real time, users can choose text, voice, and video with excellent performance.
- Windows Movie Maker provides the ability to easily capture, edit, organize, and share home movies by just plugging a digital camera into the PC; or with the right hardware, an analog camera.
- My Pictures allows users to perform basic management tasks like adding, sorting, and deleting picture files.
- Internet Explorer 6 includes many new and enhanced features that simplify tasks, increase reliability, and help maintain the privacy of personal information on the Web.
- Remote Assistance allows users to have a peer or IT Professional who is also running Windows XP remotely control their PC to demonstrate a process or help solve a problem.
- System Restore actively monitors system file changes, so that in the event of a problem, a user can restore their computer to a previous state without losing personal data files.
- Network Setup Wizard makes it easier than ever to set up your own home network so multiple home PCs can share printers, devices, files, and Internet connections.
After April 8, 2014, Microsoft will no longer provide security
updates or technical support for Windows XP. Due to the lack of security
updates, vulnerabilities could arise. PCs running Windows XP after April 8,
2014, should not be considered to be protected. It is important that you migrate
to a current supported operating system. A more recent and improved version of
Windows can offer you more security, flexibility and most importantly, Microsoft