Office Word 2007 is a powerful authoring program that gives you the ability to create and share documents by combining a comprehensive set of writing tools with an easy-to-use interface.
Office Word 2007 helps information workers create professional-looking content more quickly than ever before. With a host of new tools, you can quickly construct documents from predefined parts and styles, as well as compose and publish blogs directly from within Word. Advanced integration with Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 and new XML-based file formats make Office Word 2007 the ideal choice for building integrated document management solutions.
- A streamlined user interface presents the right tools to you when you need them.
- Add Building Blocks of predefined content and reduce the errors associated with copying and pasting frequently used content.
- Quick Styles save you time by helping you quickly format text and tables throughout your document.
- Document Themes apply the same colors, fonts, and effects to your documents for a consistent look.
- SmartArt diagrams and a new charting engine help you add a professional look to documents. Shared diagramming and charting with Microsoft Office Excel 2007 spreadsheet software and the Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007 presentation graphics program help ensure a consistent look across your documents, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Compose and publish blogs directly from within Word using the familiar Word interface to create your blog posts complete with pictures, rich formatting, spelling checker, and more. Publish your blogs from Word to many common blog services including Office SharePoint Server 2007, MSN Spaces, Blogger, TypePad, Community Server, and more.
- The Equation Builder helps you construct editable, in-line mathematical equations using real mathematical symbols, prebuilt equations, and automatic formatting.
- Live word count keeps track of the number of words in your document as you type, and is always in view in the new user interface of Office Word 2007.
- Typographic capabilities offer improved bulleted and numbered lists, numbered list styles, and new fonts designed to improve on-screen reading.
- Citation Manager and Reference Builder give you the ability to add references, footnotes, endnotes, tables of contents, tables of figures or tables of authorities. Format your reference automatically by selecting a predefined style guide, including APA, MLA, The Chicago Manual of Style, and others.
- Contextual Spelling Checker helps you avoid common mistakes and misuse of similarly spelled words.