Windows Server 2012 captures the experience Microsoft has gained from building and operating public clouds to deliver a highly dynamic, available, and cost-effective server platform for your datacenter and your private cloud. It offers businesses and hosting providers a scalable, dynamic, and multitenant-aware cloud infrastructure that connects more securely across premises and allows IT to respond to business needs faster and more efficiently. Windows Server 2012 is an open, scalable, and elastic web and application platform. For distributed and mobile workforces, Windows Server 2012 empowers IT to help ensure people's access to their personalized work environment from virtually anywhere. Whether you are an enterprise, a small or medium-sized business, or a hosting provider, Windows Server 2012 will help you cloud optimize your IT.
- Recommended: 2.2 GHz Intel dual core or equivalent AMD processor
- Minimum: 1 GHz Intel Pentium or equivalent AMD processor or 1.66 GHz Intel Atom processor
NOTE: Faster processors yield faster performance. SSE2 instruction set is required.
- Recommended: 2 MB L2 cache
- Minimum: 512 KB L2 cache
Free Hard Disk Space
- 3.2 GB
- 4 GB for localized non-English versions
Supported Operating Systems
- Microsoft Windows 7 and higher, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista SP2, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows XP SP3, 32-bit only
- Windows Server 2008 SP2 and R2, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Recommended: 2 GB for Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 32-bit; 4 GB for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 64-bit
- Minimum:1 GB for Windows XP and Windows Vista; 2 GB for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 or higher for online help
- Sound card supporting 16-bit recording
- DVD-ROM drive for installation
- Nuance-approved noise-canceling headset microphone (included in purchase)
NOTE: An Internet connection is required for automatic product activation (a quick, anonymous process). This edition of Dragon does not support dictation directly into Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems. For EMR support, please use Dragon Medical Edition.