Greater flexibility and agility with Windows Server 2012 R2
At the heart of the Microsoft Cloud OS vision, Windows Server 2012 R2 brings Microsoft's experience delivering global-scale cloud services into your infrastructure with new features and enhancements in virtualization, management, storage, networking, virtual desktop infrastructure, access and information protection, the web and application platform, and more.
With Windows Server 2012 R2 you can scale to run your most important workloads with robust recovery options. You'll achieve value quickly with a wide range of cost-effective, high-performance storage options and simplified delivery of multi-tenant IT services. You can build, deploy, operate, and monitor applications on-premises and in the cloud. Empower users with secure access to corporate resources on the devices they choose.
Improve performance and scale capacity more efficiently to run your largest workloads while enabling robust recovery options to protect against outages.
Simple and cost-effective
Deliver multi-tenant-aware storage and networking multi-tenancy capabilities for storage and networking on low-cost, industry-standard hardware.
With enhanced support for open frameworks, you can build, deploy, and scale applications and websites with more flexibility by unlocking application portability between on-premises environments and public and service provider clouds.
Deploy a virtual desktop infrastructure and lower storage costs significantly using a broad range of storage options and VHD deduplication
- Hard Drive Space: 500 MB
- Operating System: Windows 7, Vista, or XP
- Processor Type: Intel® Pentium® x86 or compatible, x64, AMD64, Intel EM64T
- RAM: 256 MB (512 MB recommended)
- Hard Drive Space: 5 GB, not including agents
- Operating System: Windows Server 2003 and 2008, Server 2007 Foundation, Home Server, SBS 2003 and 2008, EBS 2008
- Processor Type: Pentium 4 or higher, Core 2 Duo recommended
- RAM: 1 GB (2 GB recommended, 4 GB required for EBS 2008 or SBS 2008)