Symantec Endpoint Protection.cloud offers comprehensive security for your Windows-based laptops, desktops, and file servers as a hosted service, helping you to protect your business without installing additional hardware or management software. It is designed to safeguard your systems with advanced security technologies all managed from a single Web-based management console.
This is an electronic license only product, and you'll receive an email with your license information 2-4 business days after your order is placed. If you do not have installation media, the software can be downloaded from Symantec.
- Advanced technologies for antivirus, antispyware, firewall, and host intrusion prevention protect your laptops, desktops, and file servers.
- Automated updates occur transparently over an Internet connection to help keep employee systems current and consistent with policies whether they are in the office or on the road � even when they're not logged into the VPN.
- Administrators can access administration portal over a supported Web-browser. Administrators receive real-time alerts via SMS or email and can easily perform functions such as Live Updates, view history on systems, and change local policy settings.
- Warns employees of dangerous web sites and suspicious sellers so they can work online with confidence.
- Service records data about administrative activities such as login times, policies created, and computers added. Administrators can build graphical reports that are exportable to .PDF or .HTML.
- Windows Small Business Server 2003
- Windows Small Business Server 2008
- Windows Small Business Server 2011
Virtual platforms (for converted recovery points):
- VMware vSphere 4.0, 4.1, 5.0 and 5.1
- Microsoft Hyper-V 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0
- Citrix XenServer 5.0, 5.5, 5.6 FP1, 6.0 and 6.1
The following are the memory requirements for each component of Symantec System Recovery:
- Symantec System Recovery Agent: 512 MB
- Symantec System Recovery user interface and Recovery
Point Browser: 512 MB
- Symantec System Recovery Disk: 1 GB minimum
- LightsOut Restore: 1 GB
Available Hard Disk Space
The following are hard disk space requirements for Symantec System Recovery and other areas:
- When you install the entire product: Up to 700 MB is
required for a full install, depending on the language of the product
- Recovery points: Sufficient hard disk space on a local
hard disk or network server for storing recovery points.
- The size of recovery points depends on the amount of
data you have backed up and the type of recovery point that is stored.
- LightsOut Restore: 2 GB
The drive can be any speed, but it must be capable of being used as the startup drive from the BIOS.
Symantec System Recovery uses Gear Software technology. To verify that your DVD writer is compatible, visit the Gear Software Web site.
You can look up information about your writer if you know the name of the manufacturer and model number of your writer.
The following Microsoft .Net Framework versions are required for installing and using Symantec System Recovery:
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SP2: Required to run the
Symantec System Recovery installation program.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 or later: Required to run
and use Symantec System Recovery.
If the required .NET Framework versions are not already installed, the Symantec System Recovery installation program automatically installs them on your computer.